|Land registry data (UK HPI)||July Av. price||Monthly change||12-month|
|City of Westminster||£958,990||+1.2%||4.7%|
|Kensington and Chelsea||£1,350,969||-0.9%||+1.3%|
- England house prices grew by 16.4% in the year to July 2022, up from 7.3% in June 2022.
- England house prices were growing faster than the UK annual rate of 15.5% in the year to July 2022.
- The South West was the fastest growing region with annual growth of 20.7% in the year to July 2022.
- The lowest annual growth was in London, where prices increased by 9.2% over the year to July 2022.
- Across England, detached houses showed the largest increase out of all property types, growing by 18.3% in the year to July 2022 to £488,000.
- The lowest annual change was in flats and maisonettes which increased by 9.6% in the year to July 2022 to £254,000.
- In July 2022, the most expensive area to purchase a property was Kensington and Chelsea, where the average cost was £1.4 million.
- In contrast, the cheapest area to purchase a property was Burnley, where the average cost was £120,000.