|Land registry data (UK HPI)||November Av. price||Monthly change||12-month|
|City of Westminster||£978,912||-8.9%||+9%|
|Kensington and Chelsea||£1,315,987||-0.8%||+0.7%|
- In England the November data shows, on average, house prices have risen by 1.4% since October 2021. The annual price rise of 9.8% takes the average property value to £288,130.
- London shows, on average, house prices have risen by 0.2% since October 2021. An annual price rise of 5.1% takes the average property value to £519,934.
- The South West of England experienced the greatest annual price rise, up by 12.9%.
- Between October and November 2021, UK transactions increased by 24.3% on a seasonally adjusted basis, following a large increase in the month prior.
- Across England, detached houses showed the biggest increase out of all property types, growing by 13.8% in the year to November 2021 to £456,000.
- In November 2021, the most expensive area to purchase a property was Kensington and Chelsea, where the average cost was £1.4 million.
- In contrast, the cheapest area to purchase a property in London was Barking and Dagenham, where the average cost was £331,000.